Fruit Import and Ripening
A leading European fruit importer was seeking to redefine its corporate sustainability vision and approach. RPS’ food and drink corporate sustainability specialists were contacted to help provide support with defining a new Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy for the company and its supply chain.
To develop the most appropriate strategy for the business, a grass-roots approach was adopted, which included initial staff interviews at all levels of the company from the CEO to the factory floor; material issue identification and stakeholder engagement followed by development of policies and management plans targeted around several core focus areas (Business Principles, People, Product, Environment and Supply Chain).
- Environmental, Social & Governance – Fresh Produce
- Leading Banana Importer & Ripener
- Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Strategy Development
- Environmental Compliance Review
- Policy, Vision and Mission Statement Development
- Stakeholder Mapping & Engagement
- Materiality Assessment
- Corporate Social Responsibility / Sustainability Management Planning
Using RPS experts with industry experience within the fresh produce and retail sector enabled us to easily engage with the business and to understand their key challenges and drivers. The programme was developed in close co-operation with board management and focused on actions that added value to the business.