RPS’ MetOcean team wins Platinum Safe Way Achiever Award
22 May 2020 | 3 min read
RPS is very pleased to announce that our MetOcean team in Australia has won the 2019 Safe Way Achiever Platinum Award with the Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP).
This award recognises best practice in the implementation and continuous improvement of their HSSEQ management system. It’s the 8th consecutive year the team has won a Safe Way Award, and winning gold for the previous 5 years made them eligible for the Platinum Award this year.
Notable achievements for 2019
IFAP cited several achievements that stood out when selecting RPS to receive this award.
- ‘Donesafe’ – the implementation of our online safety management system platform
- Our subcontractor management program
- Our monthly HSSEQ bulletin
- Our HSE information and statistics dashboard
- Our “R U okay day” event - recognising the importance of mental health in the workplace
About the MetOcean team
RPS’ MetOcean team design, build and deploy a wide range of meteorological and oceanographic instruments, often in remote and high-risk locations around the globe. These include metocean arrays for major oil and gas field developments and floating LiDAR buoys for the offshore wind sector.
They work with heavy machinery, equipment and tools in their workshop, and when onsite, they work in high risk offshore environments. Throughout 2019 they’ve delivered these complex projects, all without serious incident:
- Development and shipment of Floating Lidar buoys for a wind farm off the coast of South Korea, to be deployed in 2020.
- Completion of two major metocean measurement scopes for Woodside Energy Limited, with 12 months of measurements at more than 30 moorings along two major new pipeline routes.
- Metocean survey for a wind farm off the coast of New York – including 2 Floating Lidar Buoys and a MetBuoy (in cooperation with our US team)
- Metocean survey offshore Senegal – 2 MetOcean Buoys and through water column measurements for 12 months
- Provision and long-term servicing of a directional waverider buoy for Shell’s Prelude project
- Ongoing servicing and maintenance of Remote Environmental Monitoring and Metocean systems for Woodside, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, Beach Energy
Founded in 1970, RPS, A Tetra Tech Company (RPS) is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000 consultants and service providers. Operating in 125 countries, working across six continents we define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
RPS delivers a broad range of services in six sectors: property, energy, transport, water, defence and government services and resources. Services provided across RPS' six sectors cover twelve service clusters: project and program management, design and development, water services, environment, advisory and management consulting, exploration and development, planning and approvals, health, safety and risk, oceans and coastal, laboratories, training and communications, creative and digital services.
RPS stands out for its clients by using its deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand. Making complex easy.
For further information, please visit www.rpsgroup.com.