ExCeLing in Marine Analysis
14 February 2018 | 1 min read
RPS will be exhibiting at next month’s Oceanology International Conference in London, showcasing our UKAS-accredited expertise in marine sediment analysis. We will have a stand at N310 for the full 13th-15th March event at London ExCeL beside the Royal Victoria Dock in Newham.
Our specialist laboratory services support pre and post-operational surveys, dredging programmes, surveys for planning applications and marine monitoring.
RPS Operational Director Marco Lattughi and Business Development Manager Malk Sahota from our Letchworth Laboratory will be present to advise on a diverse range of analytical requirements for public and private sector clients including:
- Heavy metal analysis of dredge material
- Organotin compound speciation
- Physical and chemical properties of dredge material: such as Sediment density; particle size and organic content
- Hydrocarbon analysis and fingerprinting
- Petroleum biomarkers
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Volatile and semi volatile organic compounds
- Organochlorine pesticides
- Brominated flame retardants
Marco and Malk have more than 50 years’ combined experience Marco has more than 25 years’ experience across a complex portfolio of sediment analysis. He has key expertise in the Chemicals Investigation Programme and the Water Framework Directive, priority pollutants, chemical agents trace analysis, explosives, oil and gas exploration and oil fingerprinting. He has provided marine analytics for several major programmes including the marine EIA for the wreck of RFA Darkdale in St Helena, Belfast Harbour redevelopment and Dublin Harbour expansion. Malk has more than 27 years’ experience working in toxicology analysis, solid phase extraction distribution and sales, chemical and reagents sales, mass spectrometry instrument sales, and laboratory marketing and business development.
No Content Set