Archaeological support and excavation mitigation for a reconstruction project in London
The reconstruction of 56-62 Moorgate & 41-42 London Wall with additional basement provision. We were appointed to provide archaeological consultancy to get the site through the planning consent process and to discharge all relevant conditions
56-62 Moorgate & 41-42 London Wall
Commissioned by Gardiner & Theobald
- Archaeological consultancy
Archaeological excavation mitigation was required, with careful management necessary to ensure that areas of the site were signed off by the archaeological advisors in a timely fashion for development works to progress.
Archaeological works included the following:
- The preparation of a below ground archaeological desk-based assessment to accompany the planning application submission.
- The co-ordination and management of archaeological monitoring of several phases of geotechnical site investigation works, the results of which accompanied the planning application submission.
- The co-ordination and management of archaeological evaluation within the existing basement, the results of which have been submitted to progress the discharge of the relevant planning condition.
- The co-ordination and management of archaeological mitigation works, the results of which will be submitted to progress the discharge of planning conditions attached to the granting of planning consent.
No Content Set